Printer driver for Windows: It is optimized for the Windows GDI. High performance printing can be expected. Regularly used settings can be saved as a “one-click icon” in the driver interface. These settings can be reused easily by clicking the icon.
- If your operating system is Windows 2000, XP, NT 4.0, or Vista, you will need to log on as Administrator or Power User to install printer drivers.
- Please contact your Network Administrator if you want to install Printer Drivers for a networked printer.
- Make sure that you close all other applications before starting the installation.
- If you are updating to the latest version of the printer driver, it is important to uninstall the previous version first – always restart your computer after uninstalling drivers.
To install a driver for your device, follow these steps:
- First, download the driver you want to install. You can download the latest drivers and software from the Philippine Duplicators, Inc. Downloads page. Make sure that you download the correct version for your operating system. Expand the file if it is compressed, and save it in a temporary directory to access later.
- Open the printer list.
- Click [Add a printer] ([Add Printer] on older versions of Windows) to activate the [Add a printer] Wizard.
- Click [Add a local printer].
- Click [Create a new port], click[Standard TCP/IP Port] in the “Type of port” list, and then click[Next].
- Type your device’s IP address in the “Hostname or IP address” box, and then click [Next].Here, “
192.168.10.100” has been entered as an example.
Contacting printer” is displayed.
- The TCP/IP port search screen appears.
- Once the TCP/IP port is found, the printer driver install screen appears.If the TCP/IP port cannot be foundIf the TCP/IP port cannot be found, a screen requesting further port information will appear. Select the default device type, and click [Gestetner Network Printer C model] in the box on the right. Next, click[Next].Another search screen will appear.
- On the printer driver install screen, click [Have Disk].Note: To use a pre-installed Windows Vista driver, click[Gestetner] in the “Manufacturers” box, click the desired driver in the “Printers” box, and move on to step 15.
- Click [Browse].
- Specify the driver folder you saved earlier in step 1.Here, we are using a folder “
r22770en” as an example.
- Confirm that “
- ” is displayed in the “
- ” box and the “.INF” file is selected in file name, and then click
- Confirm that the folder located in the above step is shown in the “Copy manufacturer’s files from” box, and then click [OK].
- Click on your device in the “Printers” box, and then click[Next].
- Enter a printer name, and click[Set as the default printer] if you want the device to be your default printer once it is installed. Then, click [Next].
- The driver file is installed.If a user account access rights warning appears during the installation, click [Continue].If a Windows security warning appears during the installation, click [Install this software].
- Click [Print a test page] if you want to print a test page, and then click [Finish] once you are done.
- If you click
[Print a test page]
- , the following window will be displayed.
- Confirm that a new printer icon has been added to your Printers list.